Saturday 30 July 2011

Kids are gone for a week.... sniff sniff :(

Well my kids just left to go with their dad for a week.  I had tears that I was not expecting.  I am a mom who dearly loves her children, but has learned to really appreciate the silence of the breaks.

This is the first time that I will be without the kids in my home for longer than a couple of days. Last year when they went with their dad, the kids didn't go anywhere, unlike this time, they are leaving the country.  Last year on my week away from the kids, I saw them for about 12 hours over a few days.  There wasn't an emptiness when they were gone.

So now what DO I do with 8 days to myself??  Well, plan number one, go for dinner with my Dad, then over to a friends for drinks.  Tomorrow a very long walk with a girlfriend in the river valley.

That sounds like a good start.

So I will take this week and enjoy the break and so look forward to the FaceTime conversations I will get to have with my kids while they are away.

I will also listen to my music loud, if I want to, sleep in, go out for walks, go for drinks and basically do what ever I please...without having to worry about anyone, other than me and my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment