Wednesday 19 October 2011

Feeling Better about the Future

Well, this day has been an odd day.  Somewhat bad, work related, but then good, future related.  I will explain.

I have been a single mom for two years, this month.  There has been some great days, there have been some difficult days.  One of the things that I haven't gotten a handle on is my finances.  When I was married, we didn't live within a budget, so being on my own, a budget was not something I knew how to do.  Here's how things unfold...

Sherri, the most lovely person @ Adaptations Designs (Shout out!) has been an amazing new friend in my life.  She has also performed some magic in my home.  I told her that my ex and I had a conversation about my finances.  He suggested I see someone to get some guidance.  She said "well it's a good thing you know someone who does that".  Her husband.

So...

Today, I saw a financial Advisor (2nd shout out:  Echelon Financial Corp... Lee Schmidt) and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders!   What he said seemed like such common sense and I am so grateful that I went in a talked to him.  It will not be our last meeting on my finances.

You know the moment when something all of a sudden seems so clear after NEVER really being able to get it?  That was the moment I had today.  I have hope now for the future.  I feel like I am going to have my head out of the water and maybe, just maybe, take my kids on a real vacation.

So here is what I know.   You need to be open minded about change.  My life has completely turned around in the last two years.  I am now friends with my husband (not ex yet), although I am single.  I miss my kids every time they go with their dad, but I appreciate the break.  I have found that you can't go through what I (and many) have gone through, without the support of your friends.

I am grateful for her and my new friends.

I have always been grateful for my friends who have been constants in my life, in the good and bad times.

It is clear I am not a pro blogger like some of my Twitter friends, but I like to write down my thoughts, what I am lucky to have, and sometimes, complain about the crap handed to me.  So if you read this, bear with my form of a blog!  I don't even know if it is socially appropriate to do shout outs to my new friends!

After two glasses of wine, a movie and a blog, I am feeling exhausted.  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment